My intention in writing this blog is to inspire caregivers to be their best at caregiving to themselves and to their loved ones. I like to remind everyone that the essential key of intentions is not about making outcome happen but to co-create with life without controlling an outcome.
I love the idea of being able to raise my vibrations through intentions; this is how I steer my own ship.
When we set intentions, we declare what we want to experience in our lives. "May I be more_________ than I can possibly imagine, for the benefit of all". Fill in the blank. Declare your intention and welcome it in your world, awaken all that is to be.
Family caregivers are required to multitask and wear many hats to meet their responsibilities across the board. They are often high jacked by depletion and depression and worry that they are not doing enough for their loved one.
Finding an inspiring thread for you and writing these thoughts down can be a daily reminder of your own desires and mission. 1.
Once we declare our intention for the day, the week or the year, it becomes a force of nature. The Universe brings what we have asked for to us. Everything that happens in our lives begins with an intention.
How do we set an intention?
By asking ourselves, what nourishes us in our daily life?
What part of our self would we like to see grow?
1. Calm your mind and body. The best time to set an intention for what we desire is after a meditation or upon rising. Quieting our mind and relaxing our body opens us up to a deeper consciousness. Our intention can then be planted like a small seed waiting to flourish. My favorite intention is as follows: "May I be...more loving, compassionate, caring, patient, inspired, creative, aware, conscious, energetic, connected, friendly, kind, prosperous, ...than I can possibly imagine...for the benefit of all.
2. Release Your Intention. After you’ve established your intention or desire, simply let it go. You no longer need to think about it or try to force it to manifest.
3. Stay grounded and centered each day. Know that the Universe or your Higher Power is taking care of manifesting your intention for your higher good. Let go of stress and worry by knowing that everything is going to be alright.
4. Do not attach yourself to the outcome. (Attaching ourselves to a specific outcome creates fear and insecurity. Know that your intention will manifest in the best time and space).
5. Let the Universe handle the details. (The Universe or our Higher Consciousness looks after the process of manifesting our intentions).
We have so much difficulty letting go of our power and allowing goodness to come into our lives. After expressing our intention, our work is done. The Universe looks after the details of realizing that intention. 3.
"Remember, we're in this together."
Go to www.coletteasselin.com for more information about Caregiver Health and Wellness Coaching.
2. Wayne Dyer, http://www.drwaynedyer.com/press/power-intention/