Taking care of an aging or sick family member at home or in a facility can be stressful and overwhelming. This is why working with a wellness coach may be just what you need.
Have you ever received good advice related to health and stress management that you were unable to follow? Has your doctor ever recommended a mindset change that you found to be unsustainable due to the heavy demands placed on you by your family caregiver role? Have you tried to take better care of yourself but found you couldn’t achieve it alone?
If you are a family caregiver taking care of a sick relative at home or in a facility, you may feel overwhelmed, even if you are suited for the job. The physical and emotional demands of caring for another person can be too much for one person to handle, especially if you add in the intellectual demands of managing the finances and coordinating the paperwork and professional appointments.
If you feel angry, frustrated and drained most of the time, you are showing signs of stress that need to be addressed in order to prevent physical burnout and emotional illness. When under high stress, our body releases adrenaline and cortisol, two hormones that will increase our heart rate, blood sugar and blood pressure and that will shut down our immune system so our body can function at a “high alert” level. It is, however, unhealthy for anyone to be constantly stressed. This is why caregiving takes such a toll on the body. The spirit may be willing, but the body becomes more susceptible to disease and infection when under continuous stress.
Are you ready to shatter through stress? Is it time for you to discover how you can take care of yourself and your loved one and remain healthy and balanced?
Do you suffer from the following signs of "Caregiver Stress"?
- Sleepless nights even when tired.
- Feeling irritable over little things.
- Feeling exhausted and drained or having difficulty fighting a cold or having frequent digestive issues.
- Feeling angry and frustrated at your ill family member’s difficult behaviors.
- Feeling overly critical of your own skills and performance.
- Feeling isolated from your friends and withdrawing from other family members.
- Ignoring your self-care and forgetting your own appointments.
- Feeling depressed and constantly anxious.
- Denying that you have any of these common symptoms.
It is a well-known fact that family caregivers are very committed people who often don’t take time to address their own needs. How well you take care of yourself can have a huge impact not only on your overall well-being but also on your family member's well-being.
As your Caregiver Coach, I provide ongoing support and guidance as you set goals and make sustainable changes that improve your health and happiness.
A personalized program will radically improve your health and happiness. Together, we will explore concerns specific to you and your body and discover the tools you need for a lifetime of balance. You will become aware of your priorities and when you need to say “No” to free up energy and time to devote to your goals.
As a client, you will:
- Accomplish selfcare goals in a way that is empowering and exciting
- Increase your energy levels to better handle your caregiver role.
- Develop coping skills for managing your stress and adopt healthy habits to prevent illness.
- Learn easy ways to nourish your body to keep it energised, healthy and strong.
- Share your experience and feel less alone.
- Recognize early signs of chronic stress and caregiver burnout.
- Make a commitment to exercise and relaxation to help decrease the negative effect of stress and keep your brain active and sharp.
- Rejuvenate and restore by learning how to make time to pamper yourself
- Set boundaries and keep social activities
- Have help on stand-by to give you a hand with the many duties of a caregiver.
- Have more fun and laughter in your life.
Once you consider hiring a Wellness Coach, I invite you to schedule a free consultation with me. During this session, we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your stress management and lifestyle goals so you can thrive and regain your health and energy.
Your health and well-being is important and cannot be neglected.